Red Flag, the multi-award-winning public relations and public affairs consultancy, is currently looking for applicants for its second graduate programme in our headquarters in Dublin. We are seeking intellectually curious, ambitious and driven graduates who want a career in strategic communications, public affairs and public relations. In return, we offer you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in our dynamic offices, developing your skills across a range of services we provide, including strategic consulting, political and regulatory advice, reputation management, crisis communications and campaigning.
Successful applicants will work with a broad range of clients – including public and private sector, multinational companies and leading trade associations – and will also have the opportunity to interact with our offices in Brussels, Washington DC, and London.
This will be a six-month paid graduate placement programme. Red Flag believes strongly in promoting from within, so graduates who excel during this programme may be offered a full-time position. The two graduates we recruited last year are now successful account executives in Red Flag.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Graduates with a minimum of 2.1 postgraduate qualification in a relevant field
- Ideally, you will have studied communications, politics, international relations, public affairs or public relations
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Knowledge of social media channels
- A genuine desire to work in public relations and public affairs
- Self-starters who have great initiative and can give clear insights
- A creative approach and good team player
- You must have the right to work in Ireland
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a CV plus a 600-word critique of a public relations, public affairs or political campaign to [email protected]. This should include a brief synopsis of the issue at stake, how the campaign was run and how effective it was. It should also include recommendations on how to improve the campaign.
Closing date for applications is July 1, 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a virtual interview shortly thereafter. The position(s) will be based in Red Flag’s Dublin office, subject to Government guidelines on preventing the spread of Covid-19, and will commence in September 2020 (or at a time agreed by both parties) with a remuneration of €21,000 per annum pro-rata.